To specify, an invitation card is a written or printed form of a request for someone to attend any event. Here, the sense graciously asks the recipient to attend in the hopes that they would join in the particular celebration. Indeed, it signifies an auspicious moment and people enjoy receiving such cards.
Of course, such cards are a significant and sweet gesture from someone, and it ties two individuals in graciousness and etiquette. Thus, sending invitation cards is now a substantial part of any event planning moment. Given the great importance of this, people need to prepare attractive cards with exciting designs.
After all, invitations are as much about the invite as it is about showing class and status at times. To design an attractive invitation on your own, you need to have a good cardstock printer using which you can print the invitation cards.
Types of invitation cards
As mentioned above, invitations cards are summons or requests to join the person in celebration. And depending on the kind of celebration the invite is about, the style of the card differs. Moreover, it would help if you changed your tone to fit with the invite’s theme and feel.
Overall, there are two specific types of invitation cards.
- One is informal, which you can send to friends and the basic feel of it is fun. Generally, people use these cards for invites to casual parties, picnics, baby showers, birthdays, and more.
- On the other hand, the different type of such cards is more formal in nature. They are reserved for more ceremonious occasions like weddings, farewells, official parties, balls, etc.
What should an invitation card contain?
An invitation card should answer the questions regarding the event the card is for. These include the sender’s name, the name of the occasion, the invitee’s name, date, time, and venue of the event. And in the case of formal, organized occasions, this would also include the organizer’s name and address.
So, when you are designing the invitation cards, you should focus on adding the following spaces. Of course, you should make sure that the details are well-written and correctly displayed. Some specific points to remember are:
- Occasion- You need to highlight the name of the event properly
- Date of the occasion– After writing the event’s name, you should specify the event’s date. Enter this below the occasion.
- Destination-You should briefly add the place one has to reach. And for a more effortless travel experience for the invitee, you should mention a nearby landmark as well.
- About the occasion- Some formal occasions have specific information that the guests must know. For example, people are allowed to bring a ‘plus one,’ or they need to RSVP to an email address. All of this additional information should appear on the invitation card, possibly as a postscript. Of course, where you place it depends on the theme of the card you choose.
- Names of the invitee and inviter- Indeed, both these names are important to mention. Here, the sender needs to add their name at the end of the invite. Writing “Yours Sincerely” or any of its alternatives would showcase a sign of gratitude to the receiver. Also, address the invitee with a formal “Dear Sir” or “Dear Ma’am.”
Template of an invitation card
The following is the basic template for invitations that you can follow to design such cards.
- Choose a particular format- You need to decide on a specific format considering the event and whom you want to invite. This also depends on the mode of the invitation, whether traditional and technological. Some examples of formats include graphic invites, video invites, etc.
- Use good visuals-Furthermore, you should use beautiful and awe-inspiring visuals to draw the invitees’ attention.
- Add some quotes– Adding some unique quotes regarding the specific occasion would add a sense of familiarity and fun. Indeed, you can add quotes from famous people, sayings, or add something entirely original.
Colour palette of the card
Additionally, it would help if you considered the coloring of the cards as well. As a result, that would bring vibrancy to the overall card. That said, you can do so by focusing on the following aspects.
- Prepare the basic of the card
It would help if you considered the invitation’s purpose to decide what color scheme would suit it properly. Indeed, different occasions have their feelings, and the right kind of color combination would highlight it. For example, a wedding card will look good with a red and yellow color combination.
But if you want to focus on the dreamy romance vibe, light pink and white colors would go well too. As for more serious occasions like an official meeting invite, you need to use monochrome tones like grey, cream, etc. Of course, your color theme depends on your taste, too, so pair these well.
- Added components
The colors of the imagery should go with the background, and they need to mirror each other. Together, it would create a cohesive picture.
Deciding the fonts
The points to consider regarding fonts are:
- Font size- The font size should not be too small or too big. But the size of the title should appear adequately highlighted. As for the rest, legible letters that one can read easily is necessary.
- Font color- You should not use too glittery color on the invites. That is too over-the-top in many cases, and people would feel distracted.
- Font style- Whatever font style you use, make sure that people can read it. Not to mention, you need to use a style that goes with the invitation card’s theme. For example, if you are designing a kid’s birthday card, use funny shaped block letters. On the other hand, smooth cursive calligraphy suits wedding invites well.
Add a Focal point
A focal point is the part of a design that is the brightest. It attracts the viewer’s attention, and you can add such images—for example, an elaborate snowflake for a Christmas party card. Indeed, using all the other mentioned elements, you can create an outstanding invitation card.