The world of online marketing can seem like a daunting prospect for a young entrepreneur who is looking to promote their new business and like most sectors, digital marketing uses many terms and acronyms.
Here is our list of digital marketing terms and phrases that you should know.
- SEO – Search engine optimization is a term that loosely refers to any form of digital marketing, while it does have a specific meaning, the act of improving a website’s ranking with specific search terms. If you want to drive organic traffic to your landing page via Google’s search results, talk to the SEO specialists in Paterson who can put your site on page one of Google search results.
- ROI – Return on investment refers to the sales generated from a specific marketing campaign; the higher the ROI, the happier you will be!
- Conversion rate – The conversion rate refers to a percentage of online users that commit to the next stage of the process, which might be to join a group or to learn more about a product/service, or it could be to make a purchase.
- Push marketing – Push refers to marketing to a group of existing customers.
- Pull marketing – As the name suggests, this is marketing aimed at attracting new customers.
- Customer acquisition cost – Known simply as CAC, you can calculate this figure by taking your gross marketing cost and dividing it by the number of customers you gained.
- SERP – The search engine results page refers to the page a user sees when they type search terms into the search engine window.
- CPC – The cost per click is the amount it costs you, per click, for the advertising campaign. This system is used with Google Ads.
- PPC advertising – Pay per click advertising is very popular with many businesses; Google Adwords is a fine example of PPC and as the name implies, you pay when a user clicks on your ad.
- Bounce rate – A bounce is when a user lands on your website and leaves without visiting any other pages and the lower your bounce rate, the better. If you are planning to talk to an SEO agency, here are a few questions to ask.
- SMM – Social media marketing is a huge sector within a sector that focuses primarily on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Most businesses incorporate social media marketing into their campaign, as it can be very productive.
- CRM – Customer relations management is vital for digital marketing and agencies use advanced CRM software that allows you to track and monitor all customer activity. If you are not paying attention to how your customers are responding, you could lose some altogether.
Armed with the above information, you should be able to understand what the SEO technicians are talking about when they explain how a strategy works. Digital marketing is not something you can afford to overlook and in this age of high competition, forging a working relationship with a leading SEO agency in Paterson will ensure that your message reaches the right people.