Personal computers (PC) remain a favourite among gaming enthusiasts. Be it for better sound and graphics quality or for an out-of-the-world experience when playing multiplayer games. And with thousands of titles available on the digital game distribution services it is now easy to have your gaming library right at home.
Here is the complete guide on how to start playing video games on a PC. And yes make sure that you use the tips and tricks to play better at Rivalcheats.
Playing video games on the PC
If you are lured to get the best visuals and gaming experience then go ahead and invest in a PC. To run the best action games and to be sure that the PC will last for a long time, get a high-performing processor and graphics card and a PC with at least 16GB of memory. The updated version of Windows is recommended to play the games seamlessly. This does not mean that you need to pay through your nose to buy the top-of-the-range PC. A decent machine will also suffice if you are fine on toning down the graphics. Most titles will run well even without the state-of-the-art hardware on your PC. Also check– Where is Xur today
Where to buy the Pc games from
The best place to get your PC games is to sign up on Steam. Steam is an online shop with a vast library of games. You can buy the games and then download them straight into your PC. Steam has a plethora of gaming options to choose from and they also boast of the best and the latest in the collection. With its smart AI technology, Steam can also suggest games to you based on your past purchases. It also gives you access to a social gaming network to connect with like-minded players which makes playing video games a social activity. There are other digital shops selling PC games too but as of date Steam dominates the gaming market.
Essentials to play videogames on the PC
A flat-screen monitor with at least a 27-inch full HD display at 120HZ and low response time is great to begin with. Most PC games can be played with the keyword and mouse control. You may want to invest in a joypad to play action games. A specialist joystick could also be a good purchase to play space and flight games.
Choosing the PC video games
This can be a daunting task. With also many options out there narrowing down the games that you should purchase and play can make you dizzy. While some games are straightforward, others are highly sophisticated and complex. Here is a quick guide on how to choose the best video games to suit your playing style. Below we list down the kind of games that will in turn let you select the games based on your preferences.
- FPS or the first-person shooter games – These are games where you are the lead protagonist and the main shooter. You will have to run through various environments to shoot the rivals. These include games like Battlefield and Call of Duty.
- Brawler or third-person shooter games – The game is something like the FPS with the lead charter on the screen with emphasis on shooting stuff and melee combat. Games under this genre include Metal Gear Solid and Uncharted.
- RPG or Role-playing games – These are adventure games set in a scenic or a fantasy land where the charter gets new spells, abilities, and weapons. The aim is to fight enemies and discover some treasure. Games under this category include Dark Souls and Dragon Age.
- MMORPG or Massively multiplayer online games– These are games played in an online setup with other gamers who are also competing. Guild Wars 2 and World of Warcraft are its examples.
- RTS or Real-time strategy games – This is a battle strategy where the player needs to control the different vehicles army and direct them to the opponents. Both the teams need to command their teams simultaneously. Total War and Company of Heros are some of the examples.
- MOBA or multiplayer online battle arena – This is new to the gaming fraternity where two small teams battle with each other on a small scale setting using spells and weapons. They aim to destroy the base structure of the opponent. Games under this league are Dota 2 and Smite.
- Open-world shooter – This is an action-packed adventure game where the player gets access to a huge environment in a modern city or fantasy setup and can explore freely. The game goes through various narrative missions. Grand Theft Auto and Tomb Raider are examples of the game.
Why play video games?
For those of you still wondering why to play video games here is some interesting read. The video game industry has matured in the last few years with varied gaming genres to suit your imagination and playing style. Apart from that, playing video games on your PC helps to improve cognitive flexibility, hand-eye coordination, vision, and get better at decision making. Playing games online makes you inclusive and sociable when you are a part of the huge gaming community and you also get access to some amazing online gaming events.